Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Dodge Ramcharger 1981-1994. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Dodge Ramcharger 1981-1994 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
MODEL: Ramcharger (AD100/AD150/AW100/AW150, D150/D250/D350, W150/W250/W350)
YEAR: 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994
ENGINE OVERHAUL 1993 CHRYSLER CORP. ENGINES 3.9L V6, 5.2L V8 & 5.9L V8
VALVE CLEARANCE ADJUSTMENT
Hydraulic valve lifters are used. No valve adjustment is required.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
FUEL PRESSURE RELEASE
Gasoline (3.9L & 5.2L)
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Loosen fuel tank cap to release tank pressure. Using Fuel Pressure Gauge Set (5069), remove gauge from hose assembly. Place gauge end of hose into an approved gasoline container.
2. Remove fuel rail test port protective cap and place a shop towel under test port. To release fuel pressure, screw other end of hose assembly onto test port. Once all fuel pressure is released, install protective cap on test port.
Compressed Natural Gas Fuel Tube Purging (5.2L)
1. Close control valve (clockwise) on side mounted fuel cylinder. Close control valves (clockwise) on both of rear mounted fuel cylinders. Open manual shutoff valve.
2. Start and operate engine until it runs out of fuel. Attempt 3 more engine starts. If check valve or fuel fill receptacle is to be serviced, slowly loosen inlet side of fuel fill tube fitting at check valve. It is normal for approximately 25 psi of natural gas pressure to flow from loosened fitting. At this point, all fuel tubes are purged of natural gas between fuel cylinders and engine. It is now okay to open fuel system.
Compressed Natural Gas Fuel Cylinder Purging (5.2L)
1. Open manual shutoff valve. Open only the fuel control valve(s) (counterclockwise) on the fuel cylinder(s) to be serviced. Close all other control valve(s) (clockwise) on fuel cylinder(s) not being serviced.
2. Start and operate engine until it runs out of fuel. Attempt 3 more engine starts. At this point, all fuel tubes and opened cylinders are purged of natural gas between fuel cylinders and engine. It is now okay to open fuel system.
NOTE: To trouble shoot engine mechanical components, see appropriate table in
TROUBLE SHOOTING article in GENERAL INFORMATION.
CAUTION: When battery is disconnected, vehicle computer and memory systems may lose memory data. Driveability problems may exist until computer systems have completed a relearn cycle. See COMPUTER RELEARN PROCEDURES article in the GENERAL INFORMATION section before disconnecting battery.
NOTE: For installation reference, label all electrical connectors, vacuum hoses and fuel lines before removal. Also place mating marks on engine hood and other major assemblies before removal.
CAUTION: Fuel system is under pressure. Pressure must be released before servicing fuel system components.