Complete factory shop manual including electrical wiring diagrams for 1987-1993 Kawasaki EX500/GPZ500S Motorcycle. It's the same service manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional and intact without any missing page to save your precious time.
This repair manual (including maintenance, overhaul, disassembling & assembling, adjustment, tune-up, operation, inspecting, diagnostic & troubleshooting…) is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system with detailed illustrations. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. The printer-ready PDF documents work like a charm on all kinds of devices.
YEAR: 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993
MODEL: EX500 / GPZ500S
l. Check cam lobes (A, Figure 32) for wear: The lobes should not be scored and the edges should be square. Slight damage may be removed with a silicon carbide oilstone. Use No. 100-120 grit initially, then polish with a No. 280-320 grit.
2. Even though the cam lobe surfaces appear to be satisfactory, with no visible signs of wear they must be measured with a micrometer as shown in Figure 33. Replace the shaft(s) if worn beyond the service limits (measurements less than those given in Table 1).
3. Check the camshaft bearing journals (B, Figure 32) for wear and scoring.
4. Even though the camshaft bearing journal surface appears satisfactory, with no visible signs of wear, the camshaft bearing journals must be measured with a micrometer. Replace the shaft(s) if worn beyond the service limits (measurements less than those given in Table 1).
5. Place the camshaft on a set of V-blocks and check its runout with a dial indicator. Replace the camshaft if runout exceeds specifications in Table 1. Repeat for the opposite camshaft.
6. Inspect the camshaft sprockets (Figure 34) for wear; replace if necessary.
7. Check the camshaft bearing journals in the cylinder head (Figure 35) and camshaft caps (Figure 36) for wear and scoring. They should not be scored or excessively worn. H necessary, replace the cylinder head and camshaft caps as a matched pair.
Camshaft Bearing Clearance Measurement