Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the 1985-1994 BMW 7-Series (E32) 735i, 735iL, 740i, 740iL, 750iL. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for 1985-1994 BMW 7-Series (E32) 735i, 735iL, 740i, 740iL, 750iL is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
MODEL: 7-Series (E32) 735i, 735iL, 740i, 740iL, 750iL
YEAR: 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994
EXCERPT (1985-1994 BMW 7-Series (E32) 735i, 735iL, 740i, 740iL, 750iL Service/Repair Manual):
Right cylinder head, installing (M60 engine)
- Prior to installation, clean cylinder head and gasket surfaces.
- Remove all foreign matter and liquid from head bolt holes in cylinder block.
CAUTION - Do not use a metal scraper or wire brush to clean the aluminum engine parts. If necessary, use a hard wooden or plastic scraper. Also available are abrasive discs to be used in conjunction with an electric drill. Be sure to use the correct disc for the type of metal being cleaned.
NOTE - If the cylinder head has been machined, a special 0.3 mm thicker gasket should be installed. The thicker gasket is available from an authorized BMW dealer.
- Apply thin bead of sealer (Hylomar® SO 32 M or equivalent) to corner-joint where lower timing chain cover mates with cylinder block.
- Place a new cylinder head gasket into position. Make sure dowel sleeves are correctly positioned in block and not damaged.
- With crankshaft at 45° BTDC for cylinder no. 1, set cylinder head in position.
- Lightly lubricate new cylinder head bolts. Loosely install bolts with washers. Thread all bolts in finger tight.
Cylinder heads, removing (M70 engine)
NOTE- When removing the cylinder heads on the M70 engine, 1t may be simpler to remove the engine due to an extremely crowded engine compartment.
- Special service tools are required to adjust camshaft timing as part of cylinder head installation. Be sure to review the adjustment procedure outlined in 117 Camshaft Timing Cllain before removing the cylinder head. Cover all painted surfaces before beginning the cylinder head removal procedure. As an aid to installation, label all components, wires, and hoses before removing them. Do not reuse gaskets, 0-rings or seals during reassembly.
- Disconnect negative(-) battery cable. See 020 Maintenance. Raise car and support in a safe manner.
BMW 7-Series E32 1985-1994 Workshop Repair & Service Manual