Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Buick Skyhawk/Somerset 1982-1989. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Buick Skyhawk/Somerset 1982-1989 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
Buick Skyhawk 1982-1989
Buick Somerset 1986-1987
2.0L OHV 4-CYL - VIN  1989 GENERAL MOTORS ENGINES 2.0L 4-Cylinder OHV
Fig. 1: Cylinder Block Identification
VALVE CLEARANCE ADJUSTMENT
No valve adjustment is required, as hydraulic valve lifters are used.
NOTE: To trouble shoot engine mechanical components, see appropriate table in TROUBLE SHOOTING article in GENERAL INFORMATION.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
NOTE: For reassembly reference, label all electrical connectors, vacuum hoses and fuel lines before removal. Also place mating marks on engine hood and other major assemblies before removal.
CAUTION: Relieve fuel pressure. Remove fuel pump fuse. Start and run engine until engine dies from lack of fuel. Engage starter for an additional 3 seconds.
1. Disconnect battery cables. Drain cooling system and disconnect radiator hoses. Remove air cleaner. Disconnect accelerator and TV cables at throttle body. Disconnect ECM harness at engine.
2. Disconnect all vacuum hoses and heater hoses at engine. Remove exhaust heat shield, A/C adjustment bolt at motor mount, windshield washer bottle, and engine wiring harness at bulkhead.
3. Remove all drive belts. Disconnect fuel hoses. Raise and support vehicle. Remove A/C compressor brace (if equipped). Remove inner fender and flywheel splash shield. Remove A/C compressor from engine and position aside. Remove starter wires, front starter brace, and starter. Remove torque converter bolts (if equipped).
4. Remove crankshaft pulley, hub and oil filter. Disconnect engine-totransmission support bracket. Disconnect exhaust pipe at manifold and center hanger. Loosen muffler hanger. Remove TV/shift cable bracket.
5. Remove 2 lower bellhousing bolts. Lower vehicle. Remove right front motor mount nuts. Remove alternator and adjusting brace. Remove master cylinder from booster and support out of the way. Attach lifting device. Remove right front motor mount bracket.