Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Chevrolet Cavalier 1982-2005. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Chevrolet Cavalier 1982-2005 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
2005 ENGINE Engine Mechanical - 2.2L (L61) - Cavalier & Sunfire
Engine Mount Bracket Replacement
1. Remove the engine mount. Refer to Engine Mount Replacement - Right.
Fig. 41: View Of Upper Engine Mount Bracket Bolts
2. Raise the engine enough to gain clearance in order to remove the upper bracket bolts (1).
Fig. 42: Identifying Engine Mount Bracket
3. Loosen the lower bracket bolt and remove the bracket (2) and the bolt together.
1. Install the lower bolt into the bracket.
Fig. 43: Identifying Engine Mount Bracket
2. Install the bracket (2) to the engine and hand tighten the lower bolt.
Fig. 44: View Of Upper Engine Mount Bracket Bolts
3. Install the upper bracket bolts (1).
Tighten: Tighten all the bolts to 100 N.m (74 lb ft).
4. Install the engine mount. Refer to Engine Mount Replacement - Right.
Engine Support Fixture
J 28467-B Universal Engine Support Fixture. See Special Tools.
J 42451 Engine Lift Bracket. See Special Tools.
J-28467-501 Engine Support Fixture Adapters
Fig. 45: View Of Engine Lift Bracket
1. Install the J 42451 to the right rear of the cylinder head. See Special Tools.
2. Install the J 28467-B and J-28467-501 to the vehicle. See Special Tools.
Fig. 46: View Of Universal Engine Support Fixture
3. Install the J 28467-7 (2) to the engine front lift bracket.
4. Install the J 28467-8 (5) to the J 42451 at the rear of the cylinder head. See Special Tools.
Oil Level Indicator and Tube Replacement
1. Remove the air cleaner outlet resonator. Refer to Air Cleaner Outlet Resonator Replacement in Engine
Controls 2.2L (L61).
2. Unclip the electrical wiring harness from the oil level indicator tube.