MODEL: Jazz/Jazz Sport/Fit/Fit Sport (GG1, GG2, GG3, GE6, GE8, GD1, GD3, GD5, GE2, GE3, GE5 Series)
YEAR: 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014
Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the 2001-2014 Honda Jazz/Jazz Sport/Fit/Fit Sport. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time. This manual for Honda Fit/Jazz 2001-2014 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail.
2009-12 ENGINE Engine Block - Fit
CRANKSHAFT MAIN BEARING REPLACEMENT
MAIN BEARING CLEARANCE INSPECTION
1. To check main bearing-to-journal oil clearance, remove the bearing cap bridge and bearing halves (see CRANKSHAFT AND PISTON REMOVAL).
2. Clean each main journal and bearing half with a clean shop towel.
3. Place one strip of plastigage across each main journal.
4. Reinstall the bearings and bearing cap bridge, then tighten the bearing cap bolts to 25 N.m (2.5 kgf.m, 18 lbf.ft) in the proper sequence.
NOTE: Do not rotate the crankshaft during inspection. Apply new engine oil to the bolt threads and flanges.
5. Tighten the bearing cap bolts an additional 40°.
6. Remove the bearing cap bridge and bearings again, and measure the widest part of the plastigage. Main Bearing-to-Journal Oil Clearance Standard (New): 0.018-0.036 mm (0.0007-0.0014 in.)
7. If the plastigage measures too wide or too narrow, remove the crankshaft, and remove the upper half of the bearing. Install a new, complete bearing with the same color code(s), and recheck the clearance. Do not file, shim, or scrape the bearings or the caps to adjust clearance.
8. If the plastigage shows the clearance is still incorrect, try the next larger or smaller bearing (the color listed above or below the current one), and check again. If the proper clearance cannot be obtained by using the appropriate larger or smaller bearings, replace the crankshaft (see CRANKSHAFT AND PISTON REMOVAL and start over.
MAIN BEARING SELECTION