Complete digital official shop manual in English & Spanish contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Honda Odyssey 1994-2016. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Honda Odyssey 1994-2016 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
2011-12 ENGINE Ignition System - Odyssey
IGNITION TIMING INSPECTION
1. Connect the HDS to the DLC (see step 2 on HOW TO USE THE HDS (HONDA DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM)).
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
3. Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the PCM. If it does not communicate, troubleshoot the DLC circuit (see DLC CIRCUIT TROUBLESHOOTING).
4. Check for DTCs (see HOW TO USE THE HDS (HONDA DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM) ). If a DTC is present, diagnose and repair the cause before continuing with this test.
5. Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3, 000 RPM with no load (in P or N) until the radiator fan comes on, then let it idle.
6. Check the idle speed (see IDLE SPEED INSPECTION).
7. Jump the SCS line with the HDS.
8. Connect the timing light to the No. 1 ignition coil harness.
9. Aim the light toward the pointer (A) on the timing belt lower cover. Check the ignition timing under a no load condition (headlights, blower fan, rear window defogger, and air conditioner are turned off).
10±2 °BTDC (RED mark (C)) at idle in P or N