Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Mazda Tribute 2001-2011. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Mazda Tribute 2001-2011 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
Engine — 3.0L
DESCRIPTION AND OPERATION
The 3.0L Duratec is a four-valve-per-cylinder, dual overhead camshaft engine. The engine uses a distributorless ignition system with a separate coil located above each spark plug. The cylinder block is a two-piece design with the upper portion housing the cylinders, and a separate lower cylinder block containing the main bearing caps.
Both sections are made of aluminum, with metal inserts for the bearing areas and caps. An aluminum oil pan bolts to the bottom of the lower cylinder block and to the transaxle to provide greater strength.
The camshafts are mounted in the cylinder heads and act against a roller follower to open and close the valves. A hydraulic lash adjuster is located on one side of the roller follower and the valve tip on the opposite end. The camshafts are driven off the front of each cylinder head by two chains (one each side). Both of the chains are driven by a single sprocket that is located on the crankshaft, just in front of the oil pump.
Upper Engine Components
Camshafts RH (21 285 0)
1. Remove the timing drive components. For additional information, refer to Timing
Drive Components in this section.
2. CAUTION: Cylinder head camshaft journal caps and cylinder heads are numbered to verify that they are assembled in their original positions.
Loosen the RH camshaft cap bolts in sequence to allow the camshafts to rise from the cylinder head and remove the caps.
3. Remove the camshafts.
1. NOTE: Be sure camshaft bearing caps are installed in the original positions.
Lubricate camshafts with Super Premium SAE 5W-20 Motor Oil XO-5W20-QSP or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSS-M2C153-H and carefully position the camshafts into the cylinder head.
• Align the camshafts as shown.
2. CAUTION: Do not install the camshaft journal thrust caps until all of the camshaft bearing caps have been installed, or damage to the thrust caps may occur.
Lubricate the bearing surfaces of the camshaft bearing caps with Super Premium SAE 5W-20 Motor Oil XO-5W20-QSP or equivalent meeting Ford specifications WSS-M2C153-H and install the bearing caps and loosely install the bolts.
3. Lubricate the bearing surfaces of the camshaft bearing thrust caps with Super Premium
SAE 5W-20 Motor Oil XO-5W20-QSP or equivalent meeting Ford specifications WSS-M2C153-H. Install the bearing thrust caps and loosely install the bolts.
4. Tighten the bolts in the sequence shown.
5. Install the timing drive components. For additional information, refer to Timing Drive Components in this section.