Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Mercedes-Benz SL550 2007-2016. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Mercedes-Benz SL550 2007-2016 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
Mercedes-Benz SL550 - SUSPENSION Wheels, Chassis Alignment Check - Testing & Repair - 230 Chassis
Before mounting a wheel-and-tire assembly all the following operation steps must be carefully conducted.
When conducting additional cleaning work using emery cloth, wire brush, flat scraper, wheel hub cleaner or thread-cutting tools only the deposited corrosion and dirt layer may be removed. There must be no material removal from the component.
Damaged or deformed components must always be replaced. Any residue deposits of corrosion, contamination, material removal from components or damaged components prevent the necessary preload force being reached on the wheel bolts or wheel nuts, despite reaching the specified torque!
Otherwise the wheel-and-tire assembly may work its way loose from the vehicle thereby causing damage! When using disk wheels, wheel spacers and wheel bolts or wheel nuts from other manufacturers, in which the wheel connection was not checked and approved by Daimler AG, Daimler AG shall then not be held liable.
Notify the customer about this accordingly.
Fig. 8: Identifying Wheel And Tire Assembly Contact Surfaces Soiled With Grease
Fig. 9: Identifying Corroded Contact Surface
Fig. 10: Identifying Cleaned Contact Surface Of Wheel And Tire Assembly
1. Clean contact surface on wheel hub, wheel flange, brake disk or brake drum, center hole guide and joints for lubricants and soiling such as, e.g. oil, grease and sand.
Use cleaner and rag.
2. Check contact surface on wheel hub, wheel flange, brake disk or brake drum, center hole guide and joints for deposited corrosion.
If deposited corrosion is present, remove it using a wire brush or emery cloth or wheel hub cleaner, and then repeat operation step 1.
3. Check contact surface on wheel hub, wheel flange, brake disk or brake drum, center hole guide and joints for damage and deformation.
If deformation or damage is present, replace affected components.
4. Check inside thread in wheel hub or wheel stud for soiling such as, e.g. oil, grease and sand and deposited corrosion.
In the event of any soiling or deposited corrosion, remove it using a wire brush or thread cutter, and clean thread using cleaner.
5. Check inside thread in wheel hub or thread on wheel stud for signs of damage and deformation. If deformation or damage is present, replace affected components.
Fig. 11: Identifying Cleaned And Uncleaned Surfaces Of Wheel And Tire Assembly