Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the 2009-2014 Suzuki Kizashi, Kizashi Sport. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for 2009-2014 Suzuki Kizashi, Kizashi Sport is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
2012-13 ENGINE Engine Mechanical - Kizashi
ENGINE VACUUM CHECK
1. Warm up engine to normal operating temperature.
2. For CVT model, place select lever in "P" and apply parking brake.
For M/T model, place gear shift lever in "Neutral" and apply parking brake.
3. Remove engine cover.
4. Remove PCV hose (1) from PCV valve (2).
5. Connect special tool to PCV hose (1).
6. Close PCV valve (2) using tape (3) or the like.
Fig. 3: Connecting Special Tool To PCV Hose
7. Start engine and turn off all electric loads.
8. Read vacuum gauge at specified idle speed, see IDLE SPEED INSPECTION .
Vacuum specification (at sea level) Standard: -65 kPa (-0.66 kgf/cm2 , -9.43 psi, -0.65 bar) or less at specified idle speed
9. After checking, disconnect special tool from PCV hose.
10. Peel off tape from PCV valve.
11. Connect PCV hose to PCV valve.
12. Install engine cover.
VALVE CLEARANCE INSPECTION AND ADJUSTMENT
1. Disconnect negative (-) cable at battery.
2. Remove cylinder head cover, see CYLINDER HEAD COVER REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION.
3. Insert socket wrench through service hole (2) of front fender lower lining (1). Turn crankshaft pulley (3) clockwise and align crankshaft pulley notch mark (5) with 0° (TDC) mark (4) of timing chain cover. Matchmark camshaft housing No. 1 (6) and exhaust camshaft timing sprocket (7) have to be aligned to each other.
Fig. 4: Turning Crankshaft Pulley
Fig. 5: Aligning Crankshaft Pulley Notch Mark With Timing Chain Cover
Fig. 6: Aligning Matchmark Camshaft Housing And Exhaust Camshaft Timing Sprocket
4. Measure valve clearances with feeler gauge using the following procedures.
a. Measure valve clearances of "A" valves as indicated in the following figure.
b. Turn crankshaft pulley 360° clockwise.
c. Measure valve clearances of "B" as indicated as valves in the following figure.
Fig. 7: Identifying Valve Clearances