Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eclipse Spyder 1990-2012. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eclipse Spyder 1990-2012 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
BODY - WINDOW GLASS
REMOVAL SERVICE POINTS
<> ROOF DRIP MOLDING REMOVAL
CAUTION: If the roof drip molding has become warped, should be replaced (do not re-use).
Use special tool MB990449 to lever out the roof drip molding.
<> WINDSHIELD REMOVAL
1. To protect the body (paint surface), apply cloth tape to all body areas around the installed
2. Using piano wire
(1) Using a sharp-point drill, make a hole in the windshield adhesive.
(2) Pass the piano wire from the inside of the vehicle through the hole.
(3) Using a sharp-point drill, make a hole in the windshield adhesive.
(4) Pass the piano wire from the inside of the vehicle through the hole.
CAUTION: Do not let the piano wire touch the edge of the windshield.
(5) Pull the piano wire alternately from the inside and outside along the windshield to cut the adhesive.
CAUTION: Putting glass adhesive knife too deeply into windshield adhesive may damage windshield.
3. Using glass adhesive knife
Keep glass adhesive knife at right angles with the
windshield edge, and put the blade at windshield edge and surface. Then cut away adhesive along the windshield edge.
4. Make mating marks on the windshield and body.
5. Use special tool MB990480 to remove the windshield.
• Be careful not to remove more adhesive than is necessary.
• Be careful also not to damage the paintwork on the body surface with the knife. If the paintwork is damaged, repair the damaged area with repair paint or anti-rust agent.
6. Use a knife to cut away the remaining adhesive so that the
thickness is within 2 mm (0.08 inch) around the entire circumference of the body flange.
7. Finish the flange surfaces so that they are smooth.
CAUTION: Allow the cleaned area to dry for at least three minutes. Do not touch any surface that has been cleaned.
8. When reusing the windshield, remove the adhesive still adhering to the windshield, and clean with 3M AAD Part number 8906 or equivalent.
9. Clean the body side in the same way.
INSTALLATION SERVICE POINTS
>>A<< DRIP MOLDING CLIP A/DRIP MOLDING CLIP B
1. The drip molding clips A and B differ according to where they are used, so check the identification color before installation.