Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Cadillac DTS 2005-2011. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Cadillac DTS 2005-2011 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
2011 ENGINE Engine Exhaust - DTS
EXHAUST MANIFOLD REPLACEMENT - LEFT SIDE
Internal rattle 1. Test the components by tapping with a rubber mallet to confirm a rattle.
2. Replace the faulty catalytic converter, resonator, if equipped, or muffler. Refer to Exhaust System Replacement.
WARNING: Refer to Exhaust Service Warning .
WARNING: Refer to Protective Goggles and Glove Warning .
Fig. 1: View Of Engine Harness Electrical Connector & Clips
1. Remove the front engine mount bracket. Refer to Engine Front Mount Bracket Replacement .
2. Remove the connector position assurance (CPA) retainer.
3. Disconnect the engine harness electrical connector (3) from the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S).
Fig. 2: Locating HO2S Wiring Harness Connector
4. Remove the HO2S.
Fig. 3: Identifying Exhaust Manifold Front Pipe Bolts
5. Remove the exhaust manifold front pipe bolts (2).
Fig. 4: View Of Front Exhaust Manifold Pipe Flange & Seal
6. Remove the exhaust manifold bolts.
7. Remove the exhaust manifold (2).
8. Remove and discard the exhaust manifold gasket (1).
9. Remove and discard the front exhaust manifold pipe seal.
10. Remove the front exhaust manifold pipe flange.
Fig. 5: View Of Front Exhaust Manifold Pipe Flange & Seal
1. Install the front exhaust manifold pipe flange and a NEW seal onto the exhaust manifold.
2. Insert the upper right exhaust manifold bolt to the manifold in this location (2).
3. Place the NEW exhaust manifold gasket over the bolt and against the manifold.
4. Insert the exhaust manifold into the front exhaust manifold pipe and against the cylinder head.
5. Finger start the exhaust manifold bolt.
6. Install the remaining exhaust manifold bolts and tighten all exhaust manifold bolts starting from right to left beginning with the bolt in this location (2).
Tighten the bolts to 25 N.m (18 lb ft).
Fig. 6: Identifying Exhaust Manifold Front Pipe Bolts
7. Install the exhaust manifold front pipe bolts (2).
Fig. 7: Locating HO2S Wiring Harness Connector
8. If reusing the old HO2S, coat the threads with anti-sieze compound, GM P/N 12377953 or equivalent.
9. Install the HO2S.
Tighten the sensor to 41 N.m (30 lb ft).