Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Lincoln Town Car 1981-2011. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Lincoln Town Car 1981-2011 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
2011 ENGINE Engine - 4.6L (2V) - Town Car
1. With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to JACKING AND LIFTING article.
2. Disconnect the fuel tube spring lock coupling. For additional information, refer to FUEL SYSTEM - GENERAL INFORMATION article.
3. Disconnect the battery ground cable. For additional information, refer to BATTERY, MOUNTING AND CABLES article.
4. Drain the engine cooling system. For additional information, refer to ENGINE COOLING article.
5. Remove the Air Cleaner (ACL) and outlet pipe. For additional information, refer to INTAKE AIR DISTRIBUTION AND FILTERING article.
6. Remove the wiper mounting arm and pivot shaft. For additional information, refer to WIPERS AND WASHERS article.
7. Remove the 5 retainer screws, 2 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) canister purge valve bracket nuts and the RH cowl extension.
8. Disconnect the wiring harness electrical connector and remove the 3 retainer screws and the LH cowl extension.
9. Disconnect the 8 fuel injector electrical connectors.
10. Remove the 8 ignition coil-on-plugs. For additional information, refer to ENGINE IGNITION - 4.6L (2V) article.
11. Remove the 2 intake manifold shield bolts and the shield.
12. Disconnect the brake booster vacuum hose from the intake manifold.
13. Disconnect the EVAP canister purge valve hose quick connect couplings from the Throttle Body (TB) spacer and from the EVAP canister purge valve. For additional information, refer to FUEL SYSTEM - GENERAL INFORMATION article.
14. Disconnect the PCV tube quick connect coupling from the TB spacer. For additional information, refer to FUEL SYSTEM - GENERAL INFORMATION article.
15. Disconnect the EGR system module vacuum and electrical connectors.
16. Disconnect the intake manifold-to-TB spacer vacuum hose.
17. Disconnect the generator electrical connector.
18. Detach the 2 generator wiring harness retainers from the generator bracket.
19. Remove the 4 generator bracket bolts and the bracket.
20. Remove the coolant thermostat. For additional information, refer to ENGINE COOLING article.
21. Disconnect the throttle control and the Throttle Position (TP) sensor electrical connector.
22. Release the heater hose spring clamp and disconnect the heater hose.
23. Remove the EGR system module tube. For additional information, refer to ENGINE EMISSION
24. Detach the wire harness retainer from the intake manifold crash bracket.
25. Remove the intake manifold crash bracket bolt and prevent the bolt from contacting the cylinder head with a rubber band or tie strap.