Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Mercury Mariner/Mariner Hybrid 2004-2011. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Mercury Mariner/Mariner Hybrid 2004-2011 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
2011 ENGINE Engine Mechanical - 2.5L Escape Hybrid & Mariner Hybrid
Removal and Installation
1. With vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to JACKING & LIFTING article.
2. Remove the fuel rail. For additional information, refer to FUEL CHARGING AND CONTROLS - 2.5L article.
3. Remove the cooling fan motor and shroud. For additional information, refer to ENGINE COOLING - HYBRID article.
4. Remove the Throttle Body (TB). For additional information, refer to FUEL CHARGING AND
CONTROLS - HYBRID article.
5. Remove the accessory drive belt tensioner. For additional information, refer to ACCESSORY DRIVE - HYBRID article.
6. Disconnect the Engine Oil Pressure (EOP) switch electrical connector.
7. Disconnect the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor electrical connector.
8. Disconnect the Evaporative Emission (EVAP) canister purge valve electrical connector.
9. Disconnect the EVAP tube-to-EVAP canister purge valve quick connect coupling and the brake booster vacuum tube from the intake manifold.
10. Disconnect the Knock Sensor (KS) electrical connector and detach the 2 pin-type retainers.
Fig. 20: Locating Knock Sensor Electrical Connector And Pin-Type Retainers
11. Detach the 2 wiring retainers from the intake manifold near the TB mounting area.
12. Detach the engine wiring harness retainer from the intake manifold.
13. Remove the 3 electric A/C compressor bolts and position aside.
To install, tighten to 25 Nm (18 lb-ft).
14. Remove the 7 bolts and position the intake manifold aside to access the PCV hose connector.
To install, tighten to 18 Nm (159 lb-in).
Fig. 21: Locating Intake Manifold Bolts
15. Squeeze the 2 PCV hose connector tabs and disconnect the PCV hose from the intake manifold.
Fig. 22: Locating PCV Hose Connector Tabs
16. Remove the intake manifold and gaskets.
17. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Inspect and install new intake manifold gaskets if necessary.