Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the 2010-2016 Mitsubishi ASX, RVR, Outlander Sport. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for 2010-2016 Mitsubishi ASX, RVR, Outlander Sport is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
2011 ENGINE Engine Cooling - Outlander Sport & RVR
ENGINE COOLANT CONCENTRATION TEST
CAUTION: Engine coolant of less than 30% concentration has a less rust-proof effect. In a concentration of over 60%, the antifreeze effect and engine cooling performance of the engine coolant are deteriorated, causing a detrimental effect on the engine. Therefore, observe the service concentration range without fail.
Use the Dia Queen Super Long Life Coolant Premium without adding water because the concentration is pre-adjusted to 50%.
Using a hydrometer, check if the engine coolant concentration is within the standard value range.
Standard value: 30 to 60% (service concentration range)
WATER PUMP COOLANT LEAK CHECK
Even when the water pump is normal, a residue of the engine coolant draining may be found on the drain hole, the vapor hole and the installation surface of the water pump. If a residue of the engine coolant draining is found, check the water pump leakage by following method.
1. Wipe off the residue of the engine coolant draining on the water pump.
WARNING: Make sure that the engine coolant is cold when removing the radiator cap.
2. Remove the radiator cap.
CAUTION: Do not pressures 100 kPa (15 psi) or more.
3. Install the radiator tester and pressures at 100 kPa (15 psi.)
4. Hold the pressurized state for 20 minutes, and check that the engine coolant leakage from the drain hole, the vapor hole or the installation surface of the water pump.
5. Remove the radiator tester, and install the radiator cap.
6. Warm up the engine, let it idle for 20 minutes and stop it.
7. After stopping the engine, and check that the engine coolant leakage from the drain hole, the vapor hole or the installation surface of the water pump.
8. If the engine coolant leakage is found in step 4 or 7, replace the water pump (Refer to REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION ).
Fig. 12: Checking For Engine Coolant Leakage
COOLING FAN RELAY REPLACEMENT
Fig. 13: Precaution For Cooling Fan Relay
1. Remove the relay by hand. If it cannot be removed by hand, pinch the part "A" (shown in illustration) with long-nose pliers and remove the relay.
2. Install the new relay by hand.
CAUTION: Basically, remove or install the relay by hand. If the center of relay has been pinched by pliers, it can be damaged.