Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the 9-5 1997-2012. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for SAAB 9-5 1997-2012 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
ENGINE Basic Engine, 2.0L Petrol - Saab 9-5 (9650)
1. Install the CH-904 base frame (1) to the hydraulic lift. The distance (A) has to be 40 mm (1.6 in) .
Fig. 38: Installing CH-904 Base Frame To Hydraulic Lift
2. Install the CH-49290 mounting engine/transmission (1) to the CH-904base frame (2).
Fig. 39: Installing CH-49290 Mounting Engine/Transmission To CH-904 Base Frame
3. Install the CH-49290-4 right pin bracket (1) with CH-49290-6 pin (3) to the CH-49290 mounting engine/transmission.
Fig. 40: Installing CH-49290-4 Right Pin Bracket With CH-49290-6 Pin To CH-49290 Mounting Engine/Transmission
4. Install the CH-49290-5 left pin bracket (2) with CH-49290-6 pin (3) to the CH-49290 mounting engine/transmission.
5. Vehicles with AWD: Install the CH-49290-17 supporting stand (1) to the CH-49290 mounting engine/transmission. Lower the CH-49290-17 supporting stand.
Fig. 41: Installing CH-49290-17 Supporting Stand To CH-49290 Mounting Engine/Transmission
ourtesy of SAAB-SCANIA OF AMERICA, INC.
6. Vehicles with FWD: Install the CH-49290-15 adapter plate (1) to the CH-49290 mounting engine/transmission. Position "X" of the CH-49290-15 adapter plate to "20" of the CH-49290 mounting engine/transmission.
Fig. 42: Installing CH-49290-15 Adapter Plate To CH-49290 Mounting Engine/Transmission
7. Vehicles with FWD: Install the CH-49290-16 supporting stand (2) to "24" of the CH-49290-15 adapter plate. Lower the CH-49290-16 supporting stand.
8. Install the CH-49290-12 adapter plate (1) to the CH-49290 mounting engine/transmission. Position "Q" of the CH-49290-12 adapter plate to "13" of the CH-49290 mounting engine/transmission.
Fig. 43: Installing CH-49290-12 Adapter Plate To CH-49290 Mounting Engine/Transmission
9. Install the CH-49290-14 supporting stand (2) to CH-49290-12 adapter plate. Position "U" of the CH-49290-14 supporting stand to "16" of the CH-49290-12 adapter plate. Lower the CH-49290-14 supporting stand.
10. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to LIFTING AND JACKING THE VEHICLE .
NOTE: Do NOT raise the vehicle with the hydraulic lift. Do NOT lower the vehicle.
11. Raise the hydraulic lift with CH-49290 mounting engine/transmission.