Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Pontiac G5 2006-2010. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Pontiac G5 2006-2010 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
2010 ENGINE Engine Mechanical - 2.2L or 2.4L - Cobalt & G5 (Canadian)
REPAIR INSTRUCTIONS - ON VEHICLE
INTAKE MANIFOLD COVER REPLACEMENT
Fig. 24: View Of Intake Manifold Cover
1. Remove the engine oil fill cap.
2. Grasp the intake manifold cover by the lower right inboard corner and pull up to disengage the cover from the stud.
3. Grasp the intake manifold cover by the upper left corner and pull up to disengage the cover from the stud.
4. Remove the intake manifold cover.
Fig. 25: View Of Intake Manifold Cover
1. Place the intake manifold cover onto the engine over the studs.
2. Push down on the intake manifold cover directly over the lower right stud in order to engage the cover to the stud.
3. Push down on the intake manifold cover directly over the upper left stud in order to engage the cover to the stud.
4. Install the engine oil fill cap.
DRIVE BELT REPLACEMENT
J 44811 Accessory Belt Tensioner Unloader. See Special Tools.
Fig. 26: View Of Drive Belt Tensioner And Special Tool
1. Remove the engine splash shield. Refer to Engine Splash Shield Replacement - Right Side .
2. Install the J 44811 to the drive belt tensioner. See Special Tools.
3. Using the J 44811 , rotate the tensioner counterclockwise in order to release the tensioner from the drive belt. See Special Tools.
Fig. 27: Drive Belt
4. Remove the drive belt.
5. Slowly rotate the J 44811 and the tensioner clockwise in order to allow the tensioner to rest. See Special Tools.
6. Remove the J 44811 from the drive belt tensioner. See Special Tools.