Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Mitsubishi Raider 2005-2009. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Mitsubishi Raider 2005-2009 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
2009 Mitsubishi Raider LS
2009 ENGINE Service Information - 3.7L - Raider
ENGINE - REMOVAL
Fig. 2: Identifying A/C Compressor
1. Release fuel rail pressure. Refer to STANDARD PROCEDURE . Disconnect the fuel supply quick connect fitting at the fuel rail. Refer to STANDARD PROCEDURE .
2. Disconnect the battery negative cable.
3. Remove air cleaner assembly.
4. Remove fan shroud with viscous fan assembly.
5. Remove drive belt.
6. Remove A/C compressor (2) and secure away from engine.
7. Remove generator (3) and secure away from engine.
8. Remove power steering pump with lines attached and secure away from engine.
9. Drain cooling system.
10. Disconnect the heater hoses from the engine.
11. Disconnect heater hoses from heater core and remove hose assembly.
12. Disconnect throttle and speed control cables.
13. Remove upper radiator hose from engine.
14. Remove lower radiator hose from engine.
15. Remove radiator/cooling module assembly.
16. Disconnect the engine to body ground straps at the left side of cowl.
17. Disconnect the engine wiring harness at the following points:
Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor (4)
NOTE: Do NOT remove the phenolic pulley from the P/S pump. It is not required for P/S pump removal.
Throttle Position (TPS) Switch (2)
Idle Air Control (IAC) Motor (3)
Engine Oil Pressure Switch
Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor
Manifold Absolute Pressure MAP) Sensor
Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor
Coil Over Plugs
Crankshaft Position Sensor
18. Remove coil over plugs.
19. Remove fuel rail and secure away from engine.
Fig. 3: Identifying Removal & Installation Sequence Of Intake Manifold Retaining Bolts
NOTE: It is not necessary to release the quick connect fitting from the fuel supply line for engine removal.
20. Remove the PCV hose.
21. Remove the breather hoses.
22. Remove the vacuum hose for the power brake booster.
23. Disconnect knock sensors.
24. Remove engine oil dipstick tube.
25. Remove intake manifold.
26. Install engine lifting fixture, special tool # 8247, using original fasteners from the removed intake manifold, and fuel rail. Torque to factory specifications.