Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Nissan 350Z (Z33) 2003-2009. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Nissan 350Z (Z33) 2003-2009 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
NVIS (NISSAN VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM-NATS)
NVIS (Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System-NATS) has the following immobilizer functions:
• Since only NVIS (NATS) ignition keys, whose ID Nos. have been registered into the ECM and BCM, allow the engine to run, a vehicle operation without a key registered in NVIS (NATS) is prevented by NVIS (NATS).
That is to say, NVIS (NATS) will immobilize the engine if someone tries to start it without the registered key of NVIS (NATS).
• All of the originally supplied ignition key IDs (except for card plate key) have been registered in NVIS (NATS).
If requested by the vehicle owner, a maximum of five key IDs can be registered into the NVIS (NATS) components.
• The security indicator blinks when the ignition switch is in “OFF” or “ACC” position. Therefore, NVIS (NATS) warns outsiders that the vehicle is equipped with the anti-theft system.
• When NVIS (NATS) detects trouble, the security indicator lamp lights up while ignition key is in the “ON” position.
• NVIS (NATS) trouble diagnoses, system initialization and additional registration of other NVIS (NATS) ignition key IDs must be carried out using CONSULT-III hardware and CONSULT-III NVIS (NATS) software.
When NVIS (NATS) initialization has been completed, the ID of the inserted ignition key is automatically registered in NVIS (NATS). Then, if necessary, additional registration of other NVIS (NATS) ignition key IDs can be carried out.
Regarding the procedures of NVIS (NATS) initialization and NVIS (NATS) ignition key ID registration, refer to
CONSULT-III Operation Manual NATS-IVIS/NVIS.
• When servicing a malfunction of the NVIS (NATS) (indicated by lighting up of Security Indicator Lamp) or registering another NVIS (NATS) ignition key ID No., it may be necessary to re-register original key identification. Therefore, be sure to receive ALL KEYS from vehicle owner.
The immobilizer function of the NVIS (NATS) consists of the following:
• NATS ignition key
• NATS antenna amp. located in the ignition key cylinder
• Engine control module (ECM)
• Security indicator
NOTE: The communication between ECM and BCM uses the CAN communication system.