Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Saturn Astra 2008-2009. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Saturn Astra 2008-2009 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
2009 ENGINE Engine Mechanical - 1.6L (LDE or LLU) and 1.8L (2H0) - Astra
CRANKSHAFT FRONT OIL SEAL REMOVAL
KM-J-45000 Remover. See Special Tools.
Fig. 342: View Of Crankshaft Seal Ring And Protective Sleeve
Using the KM-J-45000 , remove the crankshaft front oil seal. See Special Tools.
IMPORTANT: Do not damage the sealing surfaces.
CRANKSHAFT REAR OIL SEAL REMOVAL
For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools.
Fig. 343: View Of Bolt, Crankshaft Pulse Pick-Up, Plastic Ring On The Pulse Pick-Up Bracket And Encoder
1. Remove the encoder (1) from the crankshaft.
2. Disconnect the crankshaft pulse pick-up (2) from the pulse pick-up bracket.
3. Remove the bolt (1).
4. Remove the plastic ring on the pulse pick-up bracket (3).
Fig. 344: Identifying Hole Positions And Scribe
NOTE: Only make a hole at the 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock positions (1), as these are the only areas where there is a cavity behind the seal ring. The diameter of the hole must not exceed 2 mm. If the diameter of the hole exceeds 2 mm, the bolt of KM-6624: remover will not be able to grip.
5. Using a suitable tool, such as a scribe (2), make a hole in the seal ring. Position the scribe at the outer edge of the seal ring.
CAUTION: Refer to Fastener Caution .
6. Remove the seal ring.
1. Attach KM-6624: remover (1) to the seal ring and tighten the bolt.
2. Attach KM-328-B: remover (2) to KM-6624: remover (1).
3. Using KM-328-B: remover (2) and KM-6624: remover (1), tap the seal ring out.
CRANKSHAFT AND BEARING REMOVAL
Fig. 345: View Of Con-Rod Bearing Caps
1. Identify all the connecting rod bearing caps (1).
Fig. 346: View Of Con-Rod Bearing Caps
2. Remove the connecting rod bearing caps 1 and 4 (1).
3. Remove the 4 bolts.
4. Turn the crankshaft through 180 degrees.
Fig. 347: View Of Con-Rod Bearing Caps
5. Remove the connecting rod bearing caps 2 and 3 (1).
6. Remove the 4 bolts.
7. Identify the crankshaft bearing caps.
Fig. 348: View Of Crankshaft Bearing Cap Bolts
8. Remove the crankshaft bearing caps (1).
9. Remove the 10 bolts.
10. Remove the crankshaft.
11. Remove the crankshaft bearing clips.
ENGINE BLOCK DISASSEMBLE