Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Pontiac Wave 2005-2008. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Pontiac Wave 2005-2008 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
2008 ENGINE Engine Mechanical - 1.6L - Aveo , Swift+ (Canadian) & Wave (Canadian)
CYLINDER HEAD DISASSEMBLE
J 8062 (KM 348) Valve Spring Compressor
Fig. 271: Exhaust Manifold Retaining Nut Removal Sequence
1. Remove the cylinder head with the intake manifold and the exhaust manifold attached. Refer to Camshaft Replacement.
2. Remove the coolant temperature sensor (CTS).
3. Remove the exhaust manifold heat shield bolts.
4. Remove the exhaust manifold heat shield.
5. Remove the exhaust manifold retaining nuts in the sequence shown.
6. Remove the exhaust manifold.
7. Remove the exhaust manifold gasket.
8. Remove the exhaust manifold studs.
Fig. 272: View Of Thermostat Housing Assembly, Mounting Bolts, Fuel Rail Assembly, And
9. Remove the thermostat housing mounting bolts.
10. Remove the thermostat housing assembly.
11. Remove the fuel rail retaining bolts and the fuel rail assembly.
Fig. 273: Installing/Removal Sequence Of Intake Manifold Retaining Nuts And Retaining Bolts
12. Remove the intake manifold retaining nuts and retaining bolts in the sequence shown.
13. Remove the intake manifold.
14. Remove the intake manifold studs.
Fig. 274: View OF DIS Coil Mounting Bracket
15. Remove the direct ignition system (DIS) coil mounting bolts.
16. Remove the DIS coil with the ignition wires attached.
17. Remove the DIS coil mounting bracket bolts.
18. Remove the electrical exhaust gas recirculation (EEGR) valve adapter bolts.
19. Remove the EGR valve adapter bolts.
20. Remove the EGR valve adapter.
21. Remove the EGR valve adapter gasket.
22. Remove the spark plugs.
Fig. 275: Installing/Removal Sequence Of Camshaft Cap Bolts
23. Remove the camshaft cap bolts gradually and in the sequence shown for each camshaft cap.
Fig. 276: View Of Intake Valve Tappet Adjusters
24. Remove the intake camshaft caps. Maintain the correct positions for installation.
25. Remove the intake camshaft.
26. Remove the intake valve tappet adjusters.
27. Remove the exhaust camshaft caps. Maintain the correct positions for installation.
28. Remove the exhaust camshaft.
29. Remove the exhaust valve tappet adjusters.