Complete digital official shop manual in English & Spanish contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Mitsubishi Lancer 2000-2007. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Lancer, Lancer ES, Lancer Wagon, Lancer SportBack, Lancer LS, Lancer O-Z Rally, Lancer Ralliart, Lancer SE is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
ENGINE MECHANICAL <2.0L ENGINE>
CAMSHAFT AND CAMSHAFT OIL SEAL
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
REMOVAL SERVICE POINTS
A. CAMSHAFT SPROCKET REMOVAL
CAUTION: Always turn the crankshaft in the forward direction (clock-wise).
1. Turn the crankshaft in the forward direction (clockwise) to align the timing mark so that No.1 cylinder is at TDC on the compression stroke.
2. Secure the camshaft sprocket and the timing belt with tie-wraps to prevent slippage between the camshaft sprocket and the timing belt.
3. Use the special tools MB990767 and MD998719 to stop the camshaft sprocket from turning.
4. Remove the camshaft sprocket.
B. ROCKER ARM AND SHAFT ASSEMBLY REMOVAL
CAUTION: Never disassemble the rocker arm and shaft assembly. Loosen the rocker arm and shaft assembly mounting bolt, and then remove the rocker arm and shaft assembly with the bolt still attached.
INSTALLATION SERVICE POINTS
A. CAMSHAFT OIL SEAL INSTALLATION
1. Apply engine oil to the camshaft oil seal lip.
2. Use special tool MD998713 to install the camshaft oil seal.
B. CAMSHAFT SPROCKET INSTALLATION
Use special tools MD998719 and MB990767 in the same way as during removal to install the camshaft sprocket.