Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Suzuki Swift+ 2004-2010. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Suzuki Swift+ 2004-2010 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
2008 ENGINE Engine Mechanical - 1.6L - Aveo , Swift+ (Canadian) & Wave (Canadian)
PISTON, CONNECTING ROD, AND BEARING CLEANING AND INSPECTION
J 45059 Angle Meter
KM-470-B Angular Torque Gage
Fig. 262: Inspecting Piston
1. Inspect the connecting rod for bending or twisting. If the connecting rod is bent or twisted, replace the connecting rod.
2. Inspect the connecting rod bearings.
3. Inspect the connecting rod lower end for wear.
4. Inspect the connecting rod upper end for scoring.
Fig. 265: Placement Of Plastigage On Journal
CAUTION: Refer to Battery Disconnect Caution .
1. Coat the connecting rod bearings with engine oil.
IMPORTANT: Grease the connecting rod journals and lubricate the connecting rod bearings slightly so that the plastic gaging thread does not tear when the connecting rod bearing caps are removed.
2. Install the upper connecting rod bearings into the connecting rod journals.
3. Install the lower connecting rod bearings into the connecting rod bearing caps.
4. Measure all of the connecting rod bearing clearances using a commercially available plastic gaging (1), ductile plastic threads.
Fig. 266: Using J 45059 Or KM-470-B To Torque Rod Bolts
5. Cut the plastic gaging threads to the length of the bearing width. Lay them axially between the connecting rod journals and the connecting rod bearings.
6. Install the connecting rod bearing caps.
7. Install the connecting rod bearing cap bolts.
Tighten: Tighten the connecting rod bearing cap bolts to 25 N.m (18 lb ft).
8. Using the J 45059 or the KM-470-B (1), tighten the crankshaft cap bolts another 30 degrees plus 15 degrees.
Fig. 267: Measuring Plastigage
9. Remove the connecting rod bearing caps.
10. Measure the width of the flattened plastic thread of the plastic gaging (1) using the scale printed on the plastic gaging package. Plastic gaging is available for different tolerance ranges.
11. Inspect the bearing clearance for permissible tolerance ranges. Refer to Engine Mechanical Specifications.
VALVE ROCKER ARMS CLEANING AND INSPECTION