Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the 1981-1994 Cadillac 60 Special, Allante, Brougham, Cimarron. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for 1981-1994 Cadillac 60 Special, Allante, Brougham, Cimarronis divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
Cadillac Allante 1986-1994
Cadillac 60 Special 1993
Cadillac Brougham 1987-1992
Cadillac Cimarron 1981-1988
1993-94 ENGINES 4.6L V8
COOLING SYSTEM BLEEDING
1. Turn cap in counterclockwise direction until it reaches the stop. DO NOT press down on cap. Wait until any remaining pressure (indicated by a hissing sound) is released. After pressure is released, press down on cap and continue to rotate counterclockwise and remove from surge tank.
2. If system has been drained, add 3 coolant pellets (P/N 3634621) to upper radiator hose. Fill system with about 9.5 qts. (9L) of 50/50 ethylene glycol-water mix by slowly pouring mixture into surge tank until coolant is above weld line or in the indicated safe zone.
3. Install surge tank pressure cap and align arrows on cap with overflow hose. Start engine and check for leaks. With system at operating temperature (about 226° F), heater core circuit and upper left hand corner of radiator core should be hot.
4. If heater core and upper left hand corner of radiator core remain cold, raise engine speed to no more than 2000 RPM, to increase flow until these areas are warm. Shut off engine and allow system to cool.
5. Remove cap and check coolant level. Add Sufficient coolant to bring level slightly above weld line visible inside bottle. Install surge tank pressure cap.
VALVE CLEARANCE ADJUSTMENT
Hydraulic lifters are used. No valve adjustments are required.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
WARNING: Ensure engine and radiator are cool before opening cooling system.
NOTE: To trouble shoot engine mechanical components, see ENGINE MECHANICAL in BASIC TROUBLE SHOOTING article in GENERAL INFORMATION.
NOTE: Most work on engine can only be accomplished with engine removed from vehicle.
CAUTION: When battery is disconnected, vehicle computer and memory systems may lose memory data. Driveability problems may exist until computer systems have completed a relearn cycle.