Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Cadillac Eldorado 1979-2002. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Cadillac Eldorado 1979-2002 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
2002 ENGINE Engine Mechanical (Unit Repair) - 4.6L - Eldorado
AIR CONDITIONING (A/C) COMPRESSOR REMOVAL
1. Remove the air conditioning compressor front mounting bolts and nut.
Fig. 67: Air Conditioning Compressor Front Mounting Bolts & Nut
2. Remove the air conditioning compressor rear mounting bracket bolt from the engine block.
3. Remove the air conditioning compressor by sliding off the front mounting stud.
4. Remove the air conditioning compressor mounting stud.
Fig. 68: Air Conditioning Compressor Mounting Stud
5. Remove the air conditioning compressor rear mounting bracket bolts.
6. Remove the air conditioning compressor rear mounting bracket.
Fig. 69: Air Conditioning Compressor Rear Mounting Bracket
DRIVE BELT IDLER PULLEY REMOVAL
1. Loosen the drive belt idler pulley bolt.
2. Remove the drive belt idler pulley and bolt.
Fig. 70: Drive Belt Idler Pulley & Bolt
DRIVE BELT TENSIONER REMOVAL
1. Loosen the drive belt tensioner bolt.
2. Remove the drive belt tensioner.
Fig. 71: Drive Belt Tensioner
CRANKSHAFT BALANCER REMOVAL
J 41816 Crankshaft Balancer Remover
J 44214 Flywheel Holder
1. Install the J 44214 to the engine block.
2. Secure the flywheel in order to prevent crankshaft rotation.
Fig. 72: Securing Flywheel
3. Remove the crankshaft balancer bolt.
Fig. 73: Crankshaft Balancer Bolt
4. Place the remover pilot in the end of the crankshaft.
5. Position the legs of the J 41816 onto the backside of the balancer inner hub.
6. Tighten the center screw on the puller until the balancer pulls clear of the crankshaft end.
Fig. 74: J 41816 Crankshaft Balancer Remover
7. Remove the crankshaft balancer.
Fig. 75: Crankshaft Balancer
ENGINE FLYWHEEL REMOVAL
J 44214 Flywheel Holder
1. Rotate the engine so that the main bearing bolts are facing up.
2. Hold the flywheel in order to prevent rotation.