Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Alfa Romeo 166 1998-2007. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Alfa Romeo 166 1998-2007 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
MAKE: Alfa Romeo
MODEL: 166 (2.0 TS, 2.0 TB, 2.5 V6, 3.0 V6, 2.4 JTD 10V, 3.2 V6, 2.4 JTD 20V)
YAER: 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007
EXCERPT (1998-2007 Alfa Romeo 166 Service/Repair Manual):
1. Undo the bolts (1a) and remove the flanges on the differential (1b), complete with seals.
2. Remove the adjustment shim.
1. Undo the bolts (1a) and remove the support for the differential internal housing (1b).
2. Remove the differential.
3. Remove the differential bearing outer races.
4. Remove the magnet.
1. Remove the bolt for the Reverse gear shaft.
2. Undo the bolts (2a) and remove the gearbox casing (2b).
The gearbox casing is sealed to the bell housing: release the two parts using a wooden or resin hammer.
1. Unscrew bolts (1a) and (1b).
2. Remove the 5th speed control rod (2a) from the Reverse gear selector fork (2b) and the 5th speed selector (2c).
3. Remove the 5th speed selector fork from the control rod.
1. At the same time, remove the main shaft, layshaft, reverse shaft and 1st , 2nd , 3rd and 4th speed selector fork assemblies.
Keep the units assembled until they are placed on the workbench.
Separate the selector forks from the rods.
1. Remove the clutch release bearing fork.
2. Remove the outer non-slip bush.
1. Undo the nut fixing the rear power unit rigid support to the flexible mounting.
2. Undo the bolts fixing the power unit rear flexible mounting to the front suspension frame.
3. Undo the bolts (3a) and remove the bracket (3b) connecting the power unit rigid rear support to the crankcase sump.
1. Undo the bolts (1a) and remove the power unit rigid rear support (1b) removing it through the wheel arch.
1820B08 Clutch release HYDRAULIC SYSTEM - Bleeding air and restoring level
1820B13 hose from clutch fluid reservoir to rigid intermediate pipe for master cylinder -r r with pedal unit removed for right hand drive versions
1820B15 hose from rigid intermediate pipe to master cylinder (pump) - r r with pedal unit removed for right hand drive versions
1820B17 pipe from inlet and outlet from master cylinder (pump) and hydraulic damper - r r with pedal unit removed for right hand drive versions
1820B20 (Pump) - MASTER CYLINDER R.R.
1820B21 (Pump) - MASTER CYLINDER R.R. for right hand drive versions
1820B30 OPERATING CYLINDER/CLUTCH HYDRAULIC ACTUATOR - R.R.
1820B40 FLEXIBLE PIPE from clutch reservoir to (pump) - master cylinder R.R.
1820B46 RIGID supply PIPE from (pump) - master cylinder R.R .
1820B48 FLEXIBLE supply PIPE to operating cylinder -R.R.
1820B56 rigid pipe from vibration damper to slave cylinder - r r
1820B58 clutch hydraulic circuit vibration damper - r+r
1. Remove the two plastic buttons (1a) and remove soundproof protection (1b).
1. Disconnect the flexible hose from the clutch fluid reservoir to the intermediate rigid pipe for the master cylinder, rigid pipe side.
1. Working from the engine bay, disconnect the flexible hose from the clutch fluid reservoir to the intermediate rigid pipe for the master cylinder, reservoir side, and remove.
Remove the flexible hose from the clutch fluid reservoir to the intermediate rigid pipe for the master cylinder, taking it out of the engine compartment.
Refitting ( Removing )
Place the flexible hose from the clutch fluid reservoir to the intermediate rigid pipe for the master cylinder back in its housing and connect it.
Place the soundproof cover back in its housing and secure it using the plastic pins.