Complete workshop & service manual with electrical wiring diagrams for Ford Contour, Mercury Mystique 1996. It's the same service manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional and intact without any missing page.
This Ford Contour, Mercury Mystique 1996 service & repair manual (including maintenance, overhaul, disassembling & assembling, adjustment, tune-up, operation, inspecting, diagnostic & troubleshooting…) is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system with detailed illustrations. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. The printer-ready PDF documents work like a charm on all kinds of devices.
A B C D E F
G H I J K L
M N O P Q R
S T U V W Y
00: SERVICE INFORMATION
02: FRAME AND MOUNTING
06: BRAKE SYSTEM
08: CLUTCH SYSTEM
09: EXHAUST SYSTEM
10: FUEL SYSTEM
11: STEERING SYSTEM
12: CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM
13: INSTRUMENTATION AND WARNING SYSTEMS
14: BATTERY AND CHARGING SYSTEM
15: AUDIO SYSTEMS
18: ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION
Speed Control Actuator Switch Assembly 3023
1. Install speed control actuator switches and secure with four retaining screws (two each side).
CAUTION: Make sure wires are positioned so that no interference is encountered when
installing air bag module.
2. Connect three speed control actuator switch electrical connectors.
3. Position driver side air bag module on steering wheel and connect air bag sliding contact (14A664).
4. Install driver side air bag module on steering wheel and install two bolts. Tighten to 11-13 Nm (8-10 lb-ft).
5. Install upper and lower steering column shrouds and secure with five retaining screws.
6. Reconnect positive battery cable.
7. Reconnect battery ground cable.
8. Check operation of speed control actuator switches.
9. Prove out air bag system. Refer to Section 01-20B.