Nissan Murano 2002-2017 Workshop Repair & Service Manual
Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the 2002-2017 Nissan Murano (Z50/Z51/Z52). Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for 2002-2017 Nissan Murano (Z50/Z51/Z52) is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
TRANSFER COVER - UNIT DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Disassembly and Assembly
1. Remove transfer cover mounting bolts (<=).
2. Lightly tap transfer cover with a plastic hammer to remove transfer cover.
3. Remove O-ring from transfer cover.
• Never use a tool.
• Never damage transfer cover.
4. Lightly tap the metal part of oil seals with punch from back side of transfer cover to remove oil seals.
CAUTION: When removing, never damage the transfer cover by scooping it out with a tool.
5. Remove the ring gear bearing adjusting shim (transfer cover side) and ring gear bearing outer race (transfer cover side) using drift (commercial service tool).
6. Remove drain plug and gasket.
7. Remove filler plug and gasket.
8. Perform inspection after disassembly. Refer to DLN-65, "Inspection".
1. Select the ring gear bearing adjusting shim (transfer cover side). Refer to DLN-74, "Adjustment".
2. Install the selected ring gear bearing adjusting shim (transfer cover side) and ring gear bearing outer race (transfer cover side) using drift (commercial service tool).
• Never reuse ring gear bearing.
• Apply gear oil to the ring gear bearing.
3. Install gasket onto drain plug and install them to transfer cover.
CAUTION: Never reuse gasket.
4. Install the transfer cover to the transfer case, and apply anti-corrosive oil onto thread and seats on the mounting bolts. Then tighten mounting bolts to the specified torque.
NOTE: At this timing, O-ring installing to transfer cover is not necessary. Install O-ring after tooth contact is checked.
5. Check backlash, tooth contact, total preload and companion flange runout. Refer to DLN-74, "Adjustment".
CAUTION: Measure the total preload without oil seals of transfer cover and transfer case.
6. Remove transfer cover to install O-ring.
7. Apply multi-purpose grease lightly and evenly onto an O-ring, and install it to the transfer cover.
• Never reuse O-ring.
• When installing O-ring, never use a tool.
• Never damage O-ring.
8. Install the transfer cover to the transfer case, and apply anti-corrosive oil onto thread and seats on the mounting bolts. Then tighten mounting bolts to the specified torque.
9. Using drift (commercial service tool), drive the transfer cover oil seals.
• When checking the total preload torque, measure it without the oil seal, then install the oil seal.
• Never reuse the oil seal.
• When installing, never incline oil seal.
• Apply multi-purpose grease onto oil seal lips, and gear oil onto the circumference of the oil seal.
10. Install gasket onto filler plug and install them to transfer cover.
• Never reuse gasket.
• Install filler plug after oil is filled.
INSPECTION AFTER DISASSEMBLY
Check items below. If necessary, replace them with new ones.
Check the bearing mounting surface for wear, cracks and damages.
A : M10 bolt
B : M8 bolt