Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Ford Five Hundred 2004-2007. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Ford Five Hundred 2004-2007 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited
2007 ENGINE Engine - Five Hundred, Freestyle & Montego
CAUTION: If the components are to be reinstalled, they must be installed in the same positions. Mark the locations of the components removed.
1. Remove the hydraulic lash adjusters.
2. Using the special tools, remove the keys, retainer and spring.
Fig. 273: Identifying Special Tools (303-300 & 303-350)
3. Remove the valve from the cylinder head.
4. Remove the valve stem seal.
1. Using the special tool, install the valve stem seal.
Fig. 274: Installing Valve Stem Seal
2. Install the valve.
3. Using the special tools, install the valve spring, retainer and key.
Fig. 275: Identifying Special Tools (303-300 & 303-350)
4. Install the hydraulic lash adjusters.
1. Remove the piston rings from the piston.
Discard the piston rings.
2. Remove the 2 piston pin retainers and the piston pin.
NOTE: If the piston and connecting rod are to be reinstalled, they must be assembled in the same orientation. Mark the piston orientation to the connecting rod for reassembly.
3. Separate the piston from the connecting rod.
4. Clean and inspect the piston and connecting rod. For additional information, refer to
1. Align the piston-to-connecting rod orientation marks and position the connecting rod in the piston.
2. Lubricate the piston pin and pin bore with clean engine oil.
3. Install the piston pin in the piston and connecting rod assembly.
4. Install the piston pin retaining clips in the piston.
5. Lubricate the piston and the new piston rings with clean engine oil.
NOTE: The piston compression lower ring should be installed with the ''O'' mark on the ring face pointing up toward the top of the piston.
NOTE: When installing the piston oil control spacer, orient the gap such that the cut ends are pointed toward the top of the piston.
6. Install the piston rings onto the piston as shown in the figure below.
1. Center line of the piston parallel to the wrist pin bore
2. Upper compression ring gap location
3. Upper oil control segment ring gap location
4. Lower oil control segment ring gap location
5. Expander ring and lower compression ring gap location
Fig. 277: Exploded View Of Piston Ring Position