Complete digital official shop manual contains service, maintenance, and troubleshooting information for the Cadillac DeVille 1977-2005. Diagnostic and repair procedures are covered in great detail to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your vehicle like a professional mechanic in local service/repair workshop. This cost-effective quality manual is 100% complete and intact as should be without any missing pages. It is the same factory shop manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional to save your precious time.
This manual for Cadillac DeVille 1977-2005 is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system and, in addition to the standard service procedures, includes disassembling, inspecting, and assembling instructions. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices. You do not need to be skilled with a computer to use the manual.
2005 ENGINE Engine Mechanical (Repair Instructions - 3 Of 4) - 4.6L - DeVille
INTAKE MANIFOLD DISASSEMBLE
Fig. 114: View Of Intake Manifold-To-Cylinder Head Gaskets
Courtesy of GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
1. Remove and discard the intake manifold-to-cylinder head gaskets.
IMPORTANT: Do not reuse the intake manifold-to-cylinder head sealing gaskets.
Fig. 115: View Of Vacuum Cap
2. Remove the vacuum cap.
INTAKE MANIFOLD CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. Remove any remaining gasket and/or gasket material from the intake manifold.
2. Clean the following intake manifold areas in solvent.
Intake manifold gasket grooves
Intake manifold passages
PCV vacuum hose passage
Vacuum hose fitting passage
CAUTION: Refer to Safety Glasses Caution in Cautions and Notices.
3. Dry the intake manifold with compressed air.
Fig. 116: Inspecting Intake Manifold For Damage To Fuel Rail Mounting Inserts & Studs
1. Inspect the intake manifold for the following conditions:
Damage to the fuel rail mounting inserts (1)
Damage to the studs (2)
Fig. 117: Inspecting Intake Manifold For Cracks & Damage To Bolt Bosses
2. Inspect the intake manifold for the following conditions:
Damage to the intake manifold bolt bosses (1)
Damage or cracks to the composite intake manifold assembly (2)
Damage in areas between the intake runners (3)
Fig. 118: Inspecting Intake Manifold For Damage To Sealing Surfaces & Fuel Injector Bores
3. Inspect the intake manifold for the following conditions:
Damage, gouges or cracks to the intake manifold sealing surfaces and grooves (1)
Damage or excessive scoring to the fuel injector bores (2)
Fig. 119: Inspecting Front Intake Manifold For Damage To Passage & Plenum Duct Neck
4. Inspect the front of the intake manifold for the following conditions:
Damage, debris or restrictions to the intake manifold passage (1)
Damage to the plenum duct neck (2)
Fig. 120: Inspecting Intake Manifold For Damage To PCV System Hose & Vacuum Ports
5. Inspect the intake manifold for the following conditions:
Damage, debris or restrictions to the PCV system hose port (1)
Damage, debris or restrictions to the vacuum port (2)
6. Inspect the intake manifold cylinder head deck for warpage.
1. Locate a straight edge across the intake manifold cylinder head deck surface.
2. Insert a feeler gage between the intake manifold and the straight edge. An intake manifold with warpage in excess of 0.25 mm per 25 mm (0.010 in per 1.00 in) must be replaced.
7. Repair or replace the intake manifold as necessary.
INTAKE MANIFOLD ASSEMBLE
Fig. 121: View Of Vacuum Cap
1. Install the vacuum cap.