Ford Escort, Mercury Tracer 1996 Factory Service & Shop Manual
Complete workshop & service manual with electrical wiring diagrams for Ford Escort, Mercury Tracer 1996. It's the same service manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional and intact without any missing page.
This Ford Escort, Mercury Tracer 1996 service & repair manual (including maintenance, overhaul, disassembling & assembling, adjustment, tune-up, operation, inspecting, diagnostic & troubleshooting…) is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system with detailed illustrations. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. The printer-ready PDF documents work like a charm on all kinds of devices.
2 3 4 A B C
D E F G H I
J L M N O P
Q R S T U V
00: SERVICE INFORMATION
02: FRAME AND MOUNTING
06: BRAKE SYSTEM
09: EXHAUST SYSTEM
10: FUEL SYSTEM
11: STEERING SYSTEM
12: CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM
13: INSTRUMENTATION AND WARNING SYSTEMS
14: BATTERY AND CHARGING SYSTEM
15: AUDIO SYSTEMS
18: ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION
2-Door Sedan Hatchback Escort Base PY3
2-Door Sedan Hatchback Escort LX LX3
2-Door Sedan Hatchback Escort GT GT3
4-Door Sedan Notchback Escort LX LX4
4-Door Sedan Hatchback Escort LX LX5
4-Door Station Wagon Escort LX LXW
4-Door Sedan Notchback Tracer Base TR4
4-Door Station Wagon Tracer Base TRW
4-Door Sedan Notchback Tracer LTS TS4
1. NOTE: Torque converter may fall out if not properly supported.
Secure transaxle onto the Rotunda High-Lift Transmission Jack 014-00942 or equivalent.
2. During installation of the torque converter, full engagement of the torque converter hub into the transaxle is required. Position and push the torque converter in and at the same time rotate the converter until it seats and lube hub.
3. Raise the transaxle up to engine and align torque converter studs to flex plate.
4. Do not install lower oil pan bolts. Install three lower bolts. Tighten bolts to 55-80 Nm (41-59 lb-ft).
5. Remove transmission jack.
6. Install lower transaxle to engine oil pan bolts. Tighten bolts to 37-52 Nm (28-38 lb-ft).
7. Install torque converter nuts. Tighten nuts to 34-49 Nm (25-36 lb-ft).