Complete workshop & service manual with electrical wiring diagrams for Ford Expedition, Lincoln Navigator 2009. It's the same service manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully functional and intact without any missing page.
This Ford Expedition, Lincoln Navigator 2009 service & repair manual (including maintenance, overhaul, disassembling & assembling, adjustment, tune-up, operation, inspecting, diagnostic & troubleshooting…) is divided into different sections. Each section covers a specific component or system with detailed illustrations. A table of contents is placed at the beginning of each section. Pages are easily found by category, and each page is expandable for great detail. The printer-ready PDF documents work like a charm on all kinds of devices.
· K15 -- Expedition EL, Rear Wheel Drive (RWD), XLT
· K16 -- Expedition EL, Four-Wheel Drive (4WD), XLT
· K17 -- Expedition EL, RWD , Eddie Bauer
· K18 -- Expedition EL, 4WD , Eddie Bauer
· K19 -- Expedition EL, RWD , Limited
· K20 -- Expedition EL, 4WD , Limited
· L27 -- Navigator L, RWD
· L28 -- Navigator L, 4WD
· U15 -- Expedition, RWD , XLT
· U16 -- Expedition, 4WD , XLT
· U17 -- Expedition, RWD , Eddie Bauer
· U18 -- Expedition, 4WD , Eddie Bauer
· U19 -- Expedition, RWD , Limited
· U20 -- Expedition, 4WD , Limited
· U27 -- Navigator, RWD
· U28 -- Navigator, 4WD
· 5 -- 5.4L, SOHC, electronic fuel injection, 3V, V-8, Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV)
Master DTC Chart
Torque Wrench Adapter Formulas
Table of Contents
1: General Information
00: Service Information
06: Brake System
11: Steering System
07: Automatic Transmission
08: Manual Transmission, Clutch and Transfer Case
09: Exhaust System
10: Fuel System
12: Climate Control System
13: Instrumentation and Warning Systems
14: Battery and Charging System
15: Audio Systems
18: Electrical Distribution
19: Electronic Feature Group
5: Body and Paint
02: Frame and Mounting
GROUP 03: Engine
SECTION 303-00: Engine System -- General Information
SECTION 303-01: Engine -- 5.4L (3V)
SECTION 303-03: Engine Cooling
SECTION 303-04: Fuel Charging and Controls -- 5.4L (3V)
SECTION 303-05: Accessory Drive
SECTION 303-06: Starting System
SECTION 303-07: Engine Ignition -- 5.4L (3V)
SECTION 303-08: Engine Emission Control
SECTION 303-12: Intake Air Distribution and Filtering
SECTION 303-13: Evaporative Emissions
SECTION 303-14: Electronic Engine Controls
Rear Drive Axle and Differential
· The rear drive axle consists of the following:
· A cast iron housing and a cast aluminum differential housing cover.
· Differential housing cover that uses silicone sealant as a gasket.
· The hypoid-design gearset consists of a 9.75-inch differential ring gear and a drive pinion gear.
· Two opposed pinion bearings support the drive pinion gear in the differential housing.
· A drive pinion collapsible spacer, located on the drive pinion gear shaft, maintains pinion bearing preload.
· The pinion nut adjusts the preload.
· Differential bearing shims, located between the differential bearing cups and the differential housing, adjust the differential ring gear backlash and the differential bearing preload.
· The differential case is a 1-piece design with 2 openings to allow for assembly of the internal
components and lubricant flow.
· Two opposed differential bearings support the differential case in the differential housing.
· Removable differential bearing caps retain the differential assembly in the differential housing.
· A differential pinion shaft supports 2 differential pinion gears.
· A differential pinion shaft lock bolt retains the differential pinion shaft in the differential case.
· A circlip, located on the stub shaft, holds the halfshaft in the differential case. When installed, the circlip engages a groove in the differential side gear.
· The pinion gears engage the differential side gears, to which the halfshafts are splined.
· The rear axle requires SAE 75W-140 Synthetic Rear Axle Lubricant XY-75W140-QL (US); CXY-75W140-1L (Canada); or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSL-M2C192-A. If equipped with a Traction-Lok, 4 ounces of Friction Modifier XL-3 (US); CXL-3 (Canada); or equivalent meeting Ford specification EST-M2C118-A must be added.
· The rear axle ratio may be verified by checking the printed label on the axle housing. If worn or not visible, the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or the Vehicle Certification (VC) label may be used. For additional information, refer to Section 205-00 .
The rear drive axle receives rotational torque from the driveshaft through the pinion flange. The drive pinion turns the differential case. The differential case has a shaft with a pinion gear on each end. The shaft is bolted through the case and allows the pinion gears to roll with the differential side gears, providing the differential action letting the splined halfshafts drive at different speeds as needed when cornering.